Sometimes the corporate dress code can be a little stiffling, can I get an amen?! Like, I just want to wear a romper with OTK boots and a longline cardigan but don’t think I can get away with that. Well, luckily there are plenty of ways to jazz up your work wardrobe without sacrificing style and today I am sharing with you my tips.
MY TOP FIVE TIPS TO LOOKING STYLISH IN THE WORKPLACE:
1. A scalloped hem adds that hint of sweetness to what could be an otherwise stuffy look.
2. Fun shoes. Look for loafers, oxfords or flats with fun detailing like the jewels on this pair (I also am considering these oxfords – so good!). I personally suggest going with flat shoes, as fun heels aren’t always work-appropriate, but use your judgement!
3. Jewelry. Though I went really simple with this look, I think a great pair of earrings, or a tasteful armstack (aim for three pieces) can really add that sense of personal style to a work look.
4. A great bag. I suggest investing in a bag that can be used for both in and out of the office. I actually had this bag as a purse for months before I realized that it fit my laptop perfectly and now it is my everyday work bag. But on the weekends if I am looking for a chic handbag option, I dump out it’s contents and use it for everyday. I get a lot of questions about this one and found an almost identical one that is just stunning. It’s an investment but when you think about the fact that you’ll use it every single day (and it’s a classic shape that will never go out of style), I think it’s worth it.
5. Lastly, as a general rule, black and white never fail. You are better off trying a “trendy” piece in black or white than any other colors. They just blend nicely and look sophisticated so I think you can get away with more 😉
Come back later today as I show you how to transition this look to dinner/drinks after work with just a few simple tweaks! Because a working girl doesn’t have time to run home and stare at her closet again, heck she barely has enough time to change in the car and touch up her makeup! Again, can I get an amen?!