We are all getting to that point of winter where we’ve had enough of the snow and cold and are anxiously awaiting that early spring the groundhog forecasted! We’ve started browsing the new spring arrivals at our favorite retailers (for me it’s Nordstrom, J.Crew, and Revolve) and maybe even bought a few things prematurely. No judgement, I totally did it too! 😉 Rather than wait 2 or 3 more months to pull out these coveted pieces, today I am sharing a few easy ways to wear those spring dresses now!
- Faux Leather Jacket – Not only will it keep you warm, but leather pairs so nicely with florals and lace – it adds that “cool girl” flair to what may be an otherwise girly spring look.
- Nude Tights – It wasn’t too cold the day I shot this look so I skipped the tights, but you’d be surprised how much a thin pair of tights can help keep out the chill!
- Booties – I was going for more of a “date night” look here but throw on some black booties to instantly “winterize” your spring dress.
- Scarf – You lose a lot of heat through your neck so a scarf will help tremendously. Pair a knit scarf with a spring dress for a mix of texture, and of course for the sake of survival!
- Oversized Cardigan – To dress down a spring dress, throw on a thick oversized knit cardigan. Again the mix of texture will help make your spring piece more seasonally appropriate while also allowing you to wear some of those girly spring pieces without looking too dressed up.
If you have the self-discipline to wait weeks before wearing your new purchases, props to you, but I am definitely not in that camp! If you’re like me then I hope these tips inspire you to get creative about wearing your spring pieces now while it is still cold out.
SHOP THE LOOK
SheIn Dress c/o || Similar Faux Leather Jacket
Steve Madden Heels || Baublebar Earrings – linked current style, mine are old || Similar Clutch